Soy Wax Candles…..do you know what you’re paying for? September 29, 2017 13:21

Most homes in the UK have at least one candle in and a big majority of people enjoy burning candles and the scents they are filled with. But do you know not all candles are the same?

Paraffin wax is used in more than 95% of candle making done today, mainly because it is very inexpensive. Paraffin is the leftover by-product from the petroleum refining process. Studies have shown that this petroleum by-product can release the same harmful carcinogens into the atmosphere as your car produces when petrol is burned. When a paraffin candle in burned, it produces toxic petrol-carbon soot, which can blacken walls, furniture and ceilings and contaminate ventilation ductwork in your home. This soot goes into the air you breathe and can be hazardous to your health. 
Soy wax burns slower than paraffin meaning you get a longer lasting candle (up to 50% longer). A soy candle also works well for holding onto the scent from essential oils, which we use to scent our candles. Because they burn more slowly, the scent is gradually released; there won't be an immediate wave of strong scent. This creates a more pleasant atmosphere for most people.

Soy wax isn’t just a fancy extra, we use it because of its so much better than the alternative! Its biodegradable and our candle jars can be washed out using hot water to use again and again.

When you get your candle from Cliffe House Organics you are paying for a superior, luxury natural product that will last longer and smell all the way through.

Take a look now at our collections of Soy Wax Candles